Sore on top of head. Feeling like bumped head on a sharp object. Little itching. Suggest the treatment?

Apr 2014

I am a 59 year old male. For the past 6 to 8 months I have had a sore place on the top of my head. I usually
do not feel it going about every day business. If I touch the place with my finger or run a brush through my hair
I feel it. My family doctor said he really did not see anything. I have been to my dermatologist 3 times during the
past 4 months and letting them look at it. They say that they really do not see anything but each time they tried
freezing the spot. When they do this it really hurts for a couple of hours then eases off. The place kind of feels
like I bumped my head on a sharp object. The place feels about the size of a pencil eraser but my wife and
everyone else say they really do not see anything. Every now and then the area seems to itch a little, but very
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It may be lipoma,dermiod etc.CT Scan can confirm.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

Swelling may be due to various reasons.
You should consult your surgeon.
You need proper clinical examination and few investigations.
It may be cutaneous lesions like lipoma,dermoid cyst etc.
Lesion can be confirmed by C.T Scan of Brain.
According to your symptoms,it seems that you have benign lesion and you should not worry at all.
Your problem should be taken seriously.
You should continue other medicines like anti hypertensives,hypothyroid drugs and hyper cholesterol drugs.

Hope i have answered your your query.
Get well soon.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care