Sore on buttock, may be spider bite, not sexually active. Any ideas?

Hi - I asked this question a few days ago and did not get a response so I am simply reposting it hoping that I will. I am a healthy 28 year old male and I have discovered I have some kind of bite/sore on the bottom of my left-hand side buttock cheek.

It appears to possibly be a spider bite and has a head as such. It hurts/burns to touch and it almost feels like the buttock muscle is sore too. This is the only sore like this on my body and I discovered it yesterday. No other symptoms are present. Any ideas?
Also, I am NOT sexually active beyond oral but I just want to make sure this does not look like herpes, as I know it can appear on the buttocks. I'm just a big worrier so that is why I'm curious about that.
Thank you!

Posted Mon, 1 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Herpes can occur at buttocks but is rare, like wise spider bite is also rare at that site.
May be you are having simply a boil or a tinea. Herpes lesions come in crops and are water filled blisters.
It may be a wart also which are the result of papillomavirus infection.
Would you please post a follow up queries giving details since when it started, whether single multiple, overtime increased/static size, any fluid seeping from it, ant noted history of spider bite/other insect bite, any fever, headache, vomiting.
Also send a close up photograph of the lesion, it will help to pin point the diagnosis.
Please revert with necessary details.
Wish you a good health.