Sore nose, sneezing, watery eyes and runny nose after endoscopy and colonoscopy. What can I do to stop it?

Today I had an endoscopy and colonoscopy performed. They used oxygen through the nose and propofol for anesthesia. When I woke up my nose was very sore as though it was dried out. I then started sneezing with watery eyes and runny nose. The procedure was about 1pm and it is now 10:45pm and I am even more miserable than it first began. I did not have any symptoms of a cold before the procedure. I have been reading that some people have this problem after waking from propofol. What can I do to stop my sneezing, watery eyes and running nose?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 1 hour later

Propofol is a drug associated with many tolerable side effects, including the one you described. The symptoms you describe are typical of allergic rhinitis. Often doctors prescribe antihistaminic tablets or nasal spray for this. Discuss this with your nurse or doctor.

Doing steam inhalation will help you greatly. You should be fine soon as the effects of Propofol wear off. Do not worry.

Get well soon.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.