Sore neck, dizzy spells, ear pain. Can you please help?

Afternoon Doctor, for the past 5 days I have had a very sore neck and experiencing dizzy spells and ear ache. Can you please help?
Posted Fri, 21 Sep 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 3 hours later
A sore neck with dizziness could possibly mean cervical spondylosis. The pain in the neck could be radiating to your ear but we would need to also rule out a problem with the middle ear like an infection, impaction of wax etc. which can be causing ear ache and dizziness.
You would need a physical examination include a complete ENT checkup to rule out issues in the neck and the ear. Xray of the cervical spine would also be needed.
Once we find out the cause, we can start appropriate treatment.
Let me know if you have any more questions.