Sore lump under armpit

Mar 2013
i have a sore lump under my left arm pit
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 7 minutes later
Thank you for your query.
Firstly you have not provided adequate details for me in order to assist you better.
The sore lump could be an infected hair follicle, which is common under the armpit.
It could be an enlarged lymph node due to infection, tuberculosis or malignancy.
Sometimes, there is presence of breast tissue near the armpit, and then it could be a breast lump that you are describing.
Please provide a detailed history and further details so that I can guide you better.
In absence of that, please consult your doctor at the earliest to confirm the diagnosis.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.