Sore joints & muscles, headaches, lump on elbow. Blood tests normal. Had IUD removal. Advise?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I was admitted to hospital 3 wks ago with pid from an iud, since then I ve had sore joints, muscles, headaches, but the doctors says my blood tests are normal, i also have a lump under the skin on the innerside of my lbow, please can you advise me
Kind regards XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 17 hours later
The pain in the muscles and joints that you are having is not likely to be related to the removal of IUD.
Such generalized body aches without any hematological abnormality are commonly seen after a generalized viral illness. This can also result from an electrolyte imbalance or hormonal imbalance like hypothyroidism.
Usually such pains improve on taking mild pain killers like ibuprofen. Leading a healthy lifestyle with plenty of fluids and vitamin supplements will be helpful in early recovery. In case the symptoms are persistent then a thorough evaluation is needed.
The lump on the inner side of your elbow could be a soft tissue swelling like sebaceous cyst, lipoma, ganglion, fibroma or a bony swelling. A direct examination will help in exact diagnosis and further treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.