Sore head,headache,sinus infection,frequent urination.

ENT Specialist
I am urinating a lot, no pain but a really sore head. I had a sinus infection 3 weeks ago and had antibiotics. My headache went away for a few days but im now feeling worse. I am 40 and have had a sinus operation last year.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 44 minutes later

Thanks for the query

Headache is a symptom of various disease conditions. A thorough history with a battery of investigation will help in diagnosing the cause of headache and further management.

I would like to know few things about your headache before making a provisional diagnosis.
1.     Since how many days are you having this headache?
2.     How frequently do you get headache?
3.     Which part of the head do you get the pain?
4.     What is the nature of headache pulsatile/throbbing/piercing/dull aching?
5.     Is it associated with dizziness and vomiting?
6.     What makes you to get relief from the headache?
7.     Is it associated with nasal block/nasal discharge?
8.     Is your vision normal?
9.     Do you get headache:
a.     When you go out in the sun
b.     With fasting/skipping meals
c.     Before the onset or during the menstrual cycle
d.     On exposure to bright light or loud noise for long time
e.     During anxiety episodes
f.     On travelling
g.     When the sleep is disturbed
h.     While having food
10.      Is there any weakness of the limbs associated with the headache?
11.      Any family history of similar complaints?
12.      What is the nature of your work?
13.      Is your work stressful?
14.      Do you smoke/consume alcohol?
15.      Are you on any medications?
16.      Any other medical conditions?
17.      Is your blood sugar normal?

I will be available to answer your follow up queries once you furnish the details of the above questionnaire.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Follow-up: Sore head,headache,sinus infection,frequent urination. 20 minutes later
I have suffered with sinus headaches a lot and have had 2 operations to fix this. The headache i am suffering from is more around the front area of my head...temples just above my ear sore to touch and the back of my neck at the top sore also to the touch. I am stress free and the light from the sun sometimes does affect and i had to wear sunglasses this morning. I am urinating a lot also...with no this connected? Antiobiotics usually help but i know continuous use of these makes me feel run down.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 1 hour later

Welcome back to HealthcareMagic

With the brief history you have provided, the features could be of migraine associated with the sinus headache as well. The sore areas over the temples (temporal region) and over the back of the neck are suggestive of migraine.

Yes, sometimes people with migraine can have the features of polyuria (increased frequency of micturition) also during an ongoing attack of headache.

Even though migrainers experience polyuria, other causes of polyuria in women have to be ruled out. Few to mention are diabetes, women nearing menopause, over active thyroid gland, frequent urination include consuming excess water, alcohol or caffeine before going to sleep.

Please refer to the following link for your further reference.
Hope I have answered your query; I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar