Sore breasts, spotting, cramping after having protected sex. Negative pregnancy test. No periods. Pregnant?

Hi. last month I had protected sex and my breast became sore. A week later I had sex again and the soreness went away. I only spotted when I wiped. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. This month, my menustration has not come on yet but I am cramping. The test is still negative. Could I be pregnant?
Posted Sun, 25 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later
Since your periods are delayed, the chances of pregnancy are present.
You need to get your urine test repeated if your periods are overdue by more than a week.
The other causes could be stress, hormone related or due to anxiety. If the pregnancy test remains negative and periods do not come then do consult your gynecologist for hormonal treatment to have withdrawal bleeding.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.