Sore breasts, shortness of breath. Mirena coil expired. Chances of pregnancy?

mirena coil expired by 2 years worried about being pregnant, age 42 have sore breasts , shortness of breath but stressed over this, intercourse was only 3-4 weeks ago XXXXXXX done home test few days ago negative but not sure it was 3 weeks or 4 weeks since intercourse.
do not get any periods with the mirena
Posted Thu, 12 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Mirena coil even if it has expired acts as a foreign body in the uterus and interferes with implantation. A pregnancy with coil in situ is highly unlikely.
Also, since the repeated pregnancy tests are negative, there is no need to worry.
But it would be best to get the coil removed as it has already expired.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.