Sore anus, diarrhea sometimes, a discharge and lot of wind. Could have spread through the water ?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
For the last week my anus has been really sore, when i walk, sit down, go to the loo. Sometime i have dihorrea, i have had a lot of wind & a discharge is coming out.
I'm living in Africa, do you think i could have picked up something through the water? I haven't had sex since February, so it's defo not a sexual thing!
Thanks & i look forward to hearing from you.
Posted Tue, 12 Jun 2012 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 3 hours later

Thanks For Posting Your Query

Your symptoms are suggestive of proctitis, yes may be you have aquired a water borne infection

Another possibility is a small fissure which might have developed secondary to infectious diarrhoea

I would suggest you go for a good probiotic and a sietz bath twice a day, if this does not work in another 24 hours get you stool examined and start antibiotics accordingly

A dose of analgesic may also work

Hope this helps
Am available for followup queries
Get well soon