Ask a Urologist   »  

Sore and swollen penis. Can over masturbation cause Peyronie's disease?

Question
hello. I was over masturbating a bit maybe these last couple of days and now my penis glans is pretty sore, its not swollen, its a little red though. I'm worried that this could lead to peyronies disease. Can masturbation cause peyronies? Is sore penis head a symptom of peyronies? Can regular masturbation ever lead to peyronies or is it only skin damage it can cause? Please let me know
There is no bruising and nothing appears to be swollen
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 13 minutes later
Hello and thanks for query
Your apprehensions regarding PEYRONIE'S are misplaced.
Masturbation or over masturbation does not lead to PEYRONIE'S disease
You seem to have injured your glans penis by vigorous masturbation.
Just stop masturbating for few days and relax.you will be alright soon.
In future be gentle with your penis,while masturbating.
I hope to have addressed your concern however if any further query,you are welcome.
Thanks and good luck.

Follow-up: Sore and swollen penis. Can over masturbation cause Peyronie's disease? 1 hour later
Ok cause my glans are pretty tender and i sort of feel sore on the underside of my penis as well. So if there was any damage that would cause long term damage like peyronies there would be a bruise or something along the shaft correct?

Hello
PEYRONIES disease is caused by development of fibrous tissue and the read on for that is unknown.
This disease generally occurs in older males above 50 years of age and occurs after surgery or radiotherapy for prostate cancer.
There is no longterm damage occurring to you.
Relax and forget it.
Thanks