Sore and red rash behind ear and along jawline. Dry skin. Rash follows line of bike helmet strap

I have a sore red rash behind my ear and along my jawline. Was biking yesterday and it serms to follow the line of my bike helmet strap. Skin feels very dry too.
Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later

Thanks for the query

It certainly sounds like contact dermatitis but since it is behind the ear it could be a viral infection as well, so i need to know a few further details in order to come to a better conclusion

1. Does the area pain extensively? is it itchy?
2. Could you please attach a photo as this will help me diagnose accurately
3. Has this happened before?

Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply