Sore abdomen after having sex. Chances of pregnancy?

pregnancyI just got off my period and I've been having sex I know on my ovulation dates well its been a few days but my lower abdominal is sore and hard and I'm wondering why? could I be pregnant?
Posted Thu, 26 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
It is right now too early to say anything about being pregnant.
The symptoms you are having- soreness in lower abdomen, hard feeling, etc are all non specific and do not conclusively indicate about pregnancy.
The hormonal changes- raised HCG levels that bring about these symptoms do not appear until at least 10 days after conception.
You need to wait for your period to be overdue before going for a urine pregnancy test available at all the pharmacies.
For an early diagnosis, you can get your raising serum HCG titres evaluated at least 10 days after ovulation under the guidance of your gynaecologist.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.