Sonography shows renal prominent clayceal edges with subtle P.C. system fullness. What does it mean?

my recent sonography report says right upper/mid & lower renal prominent clayceal edges with very subtle P.C. system fullness (recent passage of right ureteric calculus)..................I want to know what exactly it means
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 13 hours later

The slight fullness in pelviccalyceal (PC) system you are seeing on ultrasound is in all probability secondary to recent passage of calculus. This fullness is likely to improve and you do not need any active intervention for this prominence. It shall subside by itself and there is no need to concern.

You appear to be a recurrent stone former and you should undergo metabolic workup to identify any possible cause of recurrent stone formation. A detailed evaluation by a competent urologist might be useful. Kindly consider consulting an urologist if you haven't seen one yet.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any further queries.

Wish you good health.