Sonography shows mobile calculi in gall bladder. No history of pain, have fatty infiltration of liver

hello sir. i did my sonography which reports that "two mobile calculi in the gall bladder measuring 12 mm and 11 mm in size.myself male age 47 yrs asian, weight 95 history of pain .i did the sonography because i drink about one peg of whisky daily for teh past 23 yrs.also diffuse fatty infiltration of the liver garde 2
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your question to XXXXXXX

You have gall stones of 12 and 11 mm commonly they are made of cholesterol other type is pigment stone.
As you have given medical history of Hypothyroid, high cholesterol and high TG level, are you taking supplimentation of thyroid (Thyroxine tablets) and/or treatment for high triglycerides in the blood?

You are weighing 95 kg which is not an ideal weight. What is your height?

Hypothyroid and Alcohol can cause fatty liver and Gall stone.

Gall stone may be treated expectantly. Since you do not produce any symptoms despite two stones you do not need active intervention. It is recommended for OBT(Oral Bile acid Therapy) and lifestyle modifications like restrict alcohol, weight loss, whole foods, replace fats with vegetables and fruit.

I hope I have answered your queries if you have any particular question I will be happy to answer.