Sonogram showed enlarged ovary. Is there any correlation between pos and ovarian cancer?

OBGYN, Gynecologic Oncology
Question
Last summer I had two positive XXXXXXX tests, one speckled and one homogenous, both fairly low ( I think around 1:160). Yesterday, a sonogram revealed that one of my ovaries is slightly enlarged and heterogenous. Is there a correlation between pos XXXXXXX and ovarian cancer, and should I get the ca-125 for more data?
Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in Cervical and Ovarian Cancer

Answered by Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli 7 hours later

There is no correlation between pos XXXXXXX and ovarian cancer.

Slightly enlarged ovary may not be pathological as you are aged 43 years only (reproductive age group).
However it is good idea to get ca-125 test done.

Good luck

Follow-up: Sonogram showed enlarged ovary. Is there any correlation between pos and ovarian cancer? 15 minutes later
Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli 2 hours later
Welcome