Sonogram showed calcified granuloma and prominent pulmonary arteries. What does it mean?

What does "calcified granuloma and prominent pulmonary arteries mean?" This was in a pre-op report from a sonogram which cleared me as OK for surgery. Thank you.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 38 minutes later

Thank you for the Query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) What exactly is your health issue and what were your symptoms?
2.) Which surgery were you posted for and when?

I would like to let you know that Granuloma is a small area of inflammation in tissue due to injury,or from an infection such as Histoplasmosis .Infection of Lungs and can occur anywhere in the body and are found incidentally on an X-ray or USG(ultrasound) done for some other reason.

Calcified granuloma suggests a granuloma with Calcium Deposits. They typically cause no signs or symptoms and they don't require any treatment.

Prominent pulmonary arteries on a chest radiograph suggests Pulmonary Hypertension and you will need further evaluation by a Cardiologist regarding this which involves 2D ECHO.

Kindly get yourself examined by a Cardiologist and get his/her opinion.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your follow up Queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.