Sono mammography bilateral done. What does the report indicate?

Geriatrics Specialist
Question
My Sister Age 24 performed sono mammography bilateral below is the report
Right Breast US WITH C D,
LARGE and NODULAR LESiONS ARE SEEN IN THE LOWER SEGMENT, EXTENDING OVER 5.5/3.5 CMS, THERE ARE SMALLER NODULES IN THE RIGHT UPPER QUADRANT
THE LAGER LESION SHOW IRREGULAR NODULAR APPEARANCE WITH IRREGULAR CALCIFICATION AND OVER ALL MINIMAL NORMAL BREAST TISSUE APPEAR SPARED
THERE IS INCREASED VASCULARITY IN THE LESIONS
SMALL NODES ARE SEEN IN THE AXILLA 22 TO 26 MM

LEFT BREAST, WITH C D
THE LESIONS SOLID AND IRREGULAR ARE SEEN MAINLY IN THE LOWER SEGMENT,MEDIAL AND LATERAL Q...
AND OVER 8.5/5/4.4 CMS THEY SHOW SAME FEATURES ON BOTH SIDES, THERE IS ALSO VASCULARITY IN THE LESIONS
THERE ARE SMALLER LESIONS IN THE UPPER QUADRANT AND ALSO INTRA MAMMARY NODES, AS ALSO IN THE LEFT AXILLA
imp:>> BILATERAL MASS LESIONS , AT THIS YOUNG AGE ..... PHYLLOIDES TUMOR HAS TO BE CONSIDERED
WHICH MAY NOT BE VERY AGGRESSIVE.

Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Surendiran Gaj 1 hour later

From your report, there exist mass in both breast with associated lymph nodal masses in the axilla with increased vascularity.

The final result suggesting Phylloids tumour.

First you have to understand that phylloids tumour is benign (not serious, easily treated), in most of the conditions.

In rare cases, it may be malignant (difficult to treat).

In order to find, out whether it is benign or malignant, she has to be examined by an surgeon, and get an FNAC (FINE NEEDLE ASPIRATION CYTOLOGY), to study the nature of the tissue, and get treated as per the results.

In case of benign masses there is no need to worry; simple removal of mass with some adjacent tissue is enough.

Do not panic, get the FNAC done and proceed as per the results.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Follow-up: Sono mammography bilateral done. What does the report indicate? 41 minutes later
Thanks you doctor,

Tomorrow my sister is going to XXXXXXX some specialist, i will post the outcome of it.

I will ask her to do FNAC test.

Answered by Dr. Surendiran Gaj 7 hours later
You are welcome.

Keep me updated. We can discuss further.