Someone grabbed wrist and squeezed hard. Hand and forearm have become stiff. Tingling in fingers. What is wrong with hand?

someone grabbed my wrist and squeezed as hard as they could for a min or so about3 weeks ago. didn't start giving me a problem for a couple days later. my hand and forearm all of a sudden became stiff tight. kinda numbing feeling. tingling in fingers. scared to have it checked out. so instead I wait at home for my arm to fall off. my hand and forearm is darker then my other arm. and most of the swelling and tightness is in my thumb and the more pain is in my wrist. is my arm going to fall off. what about the circulation in my arm today instead of tingling in my fingers. it feels more like burning tingling. should I be applying hot or cold to it. what's wrong with my arm and hand
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ice parks, local anti inflammatory drug and analge

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

The description you just gave and the pictures point towards some trauma and inflammation, caused for sure by the squeezing. The fact that you still move your hand freely is an indication that there is probably NO fracture.

The symptoms experienced is explained by the anatamy of the hand. The squeezed area and affected areas are regions receiving nerve supply from the Ulnar nerve and branches of the median nerve. The symptoms experienced. considering there is no real blue-black coloration of the arm called cyanosis; is an indication that blood circulation is still OK and intact.

You need not bother for the moment. Applying cold ice parks; using local anti inflammatory drugs like topical Diclofenac twice daily for a week and taking simple Anelgesics like Acetaminophen, in case of intense pain, in my opinion and experience, should be sufficient.

No worries for now. IN case pain intensifies or these measures fail to control the pain, you might have to do an X XXXXXXX within a week of treatment. I really do not think it should get there.

Thanks and hope this helps as I wish you the best of health. Feel free asking follow up questions through this medium. I shall be honored to contribute in making you feel better. Kind regards.

Bain LE; MD