Somebody who is on steroids can go with a baby to get polio vaccine?

my nephew is going for his inactivated polio vaccine tommorow & my mum would like to go. However she is currently taking the steroids Prednisolone & Rituximab, would it be ok for her to go? Thankyou.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Vaccinations
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 42 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern.

Yes, it is safe for your mother to accompany your nephew for the vaccination.

It is true that the steroids do suppress the immunity of an individual and chances of infection are higher in such individuals, but I don't see any chances of her acquiring an infection by merely accompanying someone for a vaccination.

Hope I have cleared your doubts. Do write back if you have further queries.