Some little drops left after urination and take time to stop. Suggest the treatment to halt the urine after urination immediately?

Jul 2016

Hello Doctor

I need your help with regard to an annoying problem, please.
The problem basically is that after I urinate there still some little drops (progressively become too little) of the urine. In other words, the urine does not stop immediately after I finish the urination process, but the urine progressively stop in about 10-30 minutes. In fact, it is very difficult and embarrassing to stay long time in the toilet. So, I wonder what is the best advice that help me to halt the urine after the urination process immediately. In my case there is still very little drops continuing to come out for an average of about 15-20 minutes.

I really need some help in this please

Many Thankd XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is likely to be due to Prostatitis.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have dribbling micturition after passing urine.
I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Do you have burning while urinating?
2) Do you have urgency to pass urine.?
3) How much is the frequency of urination in day time ?
4)Do you have to get up more times from sleep in night (Nocturia) to pass urine ?
5) Did you have unprotected sex preceding to occurrence of this symptom?

Dribbling urination is likely to be due to Prostatitis .
Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical and Digital rectal examination and get following test under his guidance.
1)Routine urine test and urine culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen .

In the mean while please take broad spectrum antibiotics along with urinary antiseptics like Nitrofurantoin and urinary anti spasmodic like Flavoxate with urine alkaliser twice daily .

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute .

Further treatment will depend upon the results of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you