Some areas on the breast are swollen and feel tender. They are filled with pus and blood. Cause for pain?

May 2013
I have these werd places on my left breast and underneath my right breast.These places are tender and swollen,and when I change the dressing on them and wash them,they have a mixture of blood and pus come out.There is a HUGE White center in the one underneath my right breast that will NOT budge,and that's what's causing all the pain.The other set is on the underside of my left breast.It's putting out mostly blood,but still has that white center the other one does.The set on my right side are on my ribcage,so every movement I make hurts!
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Breast abscess

Detailed Answer:
According to your description, the possibilities are :
-Breast abscess due to periductal mastitis
-Sometimes tuberculosis of the breast can present as breast abscess
-Rarely malignancy of the breast can also present as breast abscess etc.
So better to consult gynecologist or general surgeon as early as possible.
Undergo examination, sonomammogram and culture and sensitivity of the pus.
By this the possible cause for your problem can be identified and treated.
In case of simple breast abscess, letting out of the pus and course of antibiotics, analgesic and anti inflammatory drugs may cure the problem.
If case of other serious condition, specific treatment to that is needed.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.