Solution for fetal issues after sudden lack of movement?

Mar 2013
I want to discuss something serious about the ultrasonic test report of my wife..who is expecting to deliver a child in coming march month but suddenly 2 days back the child movement stopped inside the stomach and after examinations of 2 different test lab it was declared that the child is abnormal and will not be a healthy child for the whole life. he/she will not be in mentally healthy examined and told the child is having some abnormal mental conditions.. please suggest I have more reports to share with you.. please suggest if required.
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Yes, I have gone through your ultrasound reports. One is of an early first trimester scan, and then the others are quite recent ( 34 - 35 weeks ). I wish you know - was a scan not done in between ? Particularly around 18 - 20 weeks. Please do upload the rest of the reports in detail. Please DONT upload images, they just take up space, and take time in uploading. Just scan the printed report portion of the ultrasound reports with dates, and other lab tests done. Regarding the report now, there is definitely a problem with the baby. Let me explain to you in detail. THe brain of the baby has tissues and fluid surrounding it. The fluid amount is abnormally increased ( ventriculomegaly ). This fluid compresses surrounding brain tissue, thus leading to abnormal mental development. If this is mild, then after birth, shunts can be placed to drain excess fluid. However in your case it is severe, more than 50 % of babies are born handicapped with this finding. Also, causes can be structural developmental abnormalities in the brain ( upto 20 % have associated other system abnormalities also - part of a widespread chromosomal disorder ). Other reasons are - infections, bleeding within the brain tissue, family history, consanguineous marriages etc. At this gestational age, you have to deliver the baby anyhow. Only after birth will the exact extent of damage be revealed ( with severe ventriculomegaly, am sorry to state that the baby will most likely be quite handicapped ). This anomaly can be diagnosed quite early in pregnancy, around 20 weeks also, hence am asking if that scan was done. Looking forward to hearing from you. Take care.
Follow-up: Solution for fetal issues after sudden lack of movement? 4 hours later
Thanks for your open (to the fact) response. One test conducted on 07.12.2013 ( 24weeks 1 day +/- 1 week) and its reports attached as dated 07.12.2013
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Brief Answer: AS BELOW Detailed Answer: It is strange that there is no comment on this anomaly in the 24 week scan. It should have definitely been mentioned. Thank you for the appreciation, and my empathies with you. Take care.
Follow-up: Solution for fetal issues after sudden lack of movement? 44 hours later
Doctor thanks for your kind support. One last thing I want to discuss more about: just now uploaded a new report (new test report); which is showing more clear anomalies in baby. What would be the final solution to these problems? and what does it mean of chromosomal defects? one doctor told me there is no match of x-x or x-y chromosome in baby. is it really a bad sign of new baby? what problems will happen in future to such baby.. please explain in details...
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 5 hours later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello again. There are structural anomalies within the baby. This could be part of a generalized chromosomal anomaly - chromosomal disorder, when there is a defect in any of the 23 pairs of chromosomes normally present in the human body. There are high chances of mental retardation and physical handicaps in the baby. Yes, it is a bad sign. Only after delivery can the real extent of the problems be estimated. Right now, one can only give you percentages, that with this amount of abnormalities seen, there is more than 50 % chance that the baby would be severely handicapped. All the best. Take care.