Solution for back problem happening even after daily aerobics workout.

i am facing back problem. any solution for it. Daily i used to do aerobics for 1 hour. even after that also i facing this issue
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 3 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Backpain is one of the commonest complaints, which every person will experience atleast once in his/her lifetime. It can occur due to several reasons like a herniated disk, muscle strain, sciatica or rarely an infection.

I would suggest that you consult an orthopedician so that he can examine you in detail and arrive at a definitive diagnosis. There are some investigations like a Xray or MRI that you might need and they can be performed once you have been completely evaluated.

You can follow these lifestyle modifications at home to prevent it from recurring again:
1.) Avoid lifting heavy weights.
2.) Sit on a seat with good lower back support and arm rests. The area in the seat which supports the lower back should be atleast 18” wide.
3.) Avoid prolonged sitting and standing. While standing, do so in a neutral pelvic position.
4.) Exercise regularly for 30 to 40 minutes and maintain a healthy weight. Discuss this issue with your physician who can prescribe appropriate exercises.
5.) Avoid smoking.
6.) Eat a nutritious and balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
7.) Drink 2 glasses of skimmed milk daily which is a XXXXXXX source of calcium.
8.) Expose yourself to sunlight in early mornings between 7 and 7.30 am. This helps your body synthesize Vitamin D which is good for bone strength.
I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.