Ask a Urologist   »  

Soft lump on penis base, at intersection with scrotum. Treatment ?

Hi I have a soft lump at the base of my penis where it intersects with my scrotum. I am in Kuwait at the moment and really do not want to go to a doctor here. I will be back in the states in a week. I am 39 and in good health, weigh 195, 5'4".
Should I be concerned?
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 24 minutes later

Soft lump at penis base which appears suddenly can be due to inflammation and usually resoles by itself in few days time.Other than that it can be due to some infections as herpes,syphilis,trauma,dry masturbation etc.

If the lump increases in size,shape ,changes in consistency and along with that is associated with other symptoms such as discharge,pain,fever etc.. then it is a cause of concern and would require immediate attention.

Some measures which you can follow:
1)Clean the area twice with any antibacterial soap and water and keep it dry.

2)Restrict smoking and alcohol.

3)Avoid intercourse until it is healed.

4)Wear cotton undies.

5)Apply Neosporin powder after discussing with the Physician.

If there is progression to other symptoms as discharge,ulcer formation then consider visiting a Physician for evaluation so that appropriate treatment can be started soon after clinical examination and required investigations.

Hope this information is adequate and answers your query. I will be available for follow up if any.