Soft bowel movements, gurgling in stomach, nausea after eating. Celiac disease?

Approx 3 months ago I thought I had enlarged inguinal lymph nodes. My gp gave me a bacterial inf antibiotic for it. This gave me diarrhea for 2 weeks and I lost 10 pounds. Since then my stomach has been off. It started with decreased appetite (which I contribute to very high stress from worrying about the nodes) everything turned out ok & they were lipomas which I just got the final diagnosis back about 1 week ago. But since this all happened in the past few months my bowl movements are every morning and very soft. I wake up every morning to a very lOud stomach with a lot of gas and then have a soft bowl movement and then nausea which would subside after a while. I started eating a high fat diet hoping to gain some weight back. But now the gurgling in my stomach has gotten worse, my stomach gurgles as soon as I swallow anything and also thru out the day. I'm nauseas after eating. My bowel movements are the same. They r normal brown color but I just realized that it floats. Could this be a sign of celiac disease or something with my pancreas
Posted Wed, 26 Sep 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 33 minutes later

I guess this is just because of change in intestinal flora due to antibiotics.I think following treatment can prove helpful in your case.
A.Probiotic to restore intestinal flora.
B.Antemetic for nausea.
c.Gasex for excess intestinal gas.

Few other things like small frequent meals,non-spicy food, avoid sleeping immediately after meals, avoid junk food and adequate water can prove helpful.

Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.
Follow-up: Soft bowel movements, gurgling in stomach, nausea after eating. Celiac disease? 9 minutes later
Thank u. I have been taking the probiotics for almost a week now and my bowl movements have lessened a bit in the morning. The nausea seems a little more frequent during the day now and also the stomach gurgling. I was wondering about celiac because I was told I was low in vitamin D and I have also had excessive hair loss. I will try the other 2 things u mentioned
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 6 minutes later
Actually your symptoms are not specific for celiac disease. Low vit D can be due to altered absorption or nutritional deficiency.May be if symptoms persist even after this, then investigation for celiac disease can be undertaken.