Snorted meth. Having sore throat and cough. Is there any complication?

Question
I snorted methI snorted meth two days ago and today and I had a sore throat and a bad cough and its getting to the point when it hurts my throat and chest please help im not planning on doing that ever again
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2013 in Drug Abuse

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 59 minutes later

The cough and sore throat you have could probably be due to chemical irritation caused by the Meth (metamfetamine ) you snorted.

This is not a serious condition and do not cause any complication.Need not worry.Do take a dose of Tab Benadryl in the night after food , this will reduce the irritation and the symptoms you have.

Also do take steam inhalation with Eucalyptus in it , this will soothen the throat mucosa and provide you relief.

Since the throat is irritated and sensitive , there are chances of it being infected.Hence, do gargle with antiseptic solution like Chlorhexidine twice daily after food for two days.

Hope I answered your query.

Please do let me know if there are any other concerns.

Follow-up: Snorted meth. Having sore throat and cough. Is there any complication? 4 hours later
Dr do you know how long I willl be sick tll?

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 11 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

The irritation ion the throat is temporary and may last not more than 4 to 5 days if uninfected.Following the above mentioned remedies will speed up the recovery for sure.

Wish you good health.

regards,

Follow-up: Snorted meth. Having sore throat and cough. Is there any complication? 9 hours later
docter thank u for writing back I been taking medcine and
I coughed up some mucus it had little blood in it ...is because I been coughing to much?

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 15 hours later

The blood in the mucus could be due to minor abrasions, which occur due to cough.

I would consider it better for you to once get examined by your treating doctor to be sure of the fact.

Meanwhile do continue the remedies I suggested above.

Wish you good health.