Snorted a line of speed drug. Having cold and pain on side of head. What is wrong?

headacheI am 29 years old 200lbs. I use speed on daily basis and usually snort it or eat it. I snorted a line a bout 1 1/3 hours ago and within ten mins or so I got the absolute worst headache/pain behind my left eye, and basically the whole left side of my head but mostly behind my eye. I am laying down all lights off cold rag over head. worst continuous pain I've felt! still a 9 out 10 for pain. absolutely no idea what to do. took 3 excedrins an hour ago
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 1 hour later

Thanks for your query,

I do understand your concern

Based upon the data that you have posted I feel that the possibility could be migraine. How ever, this is a diagnosis of exclusion and other causes which can present with similar headache like infection in the brain, tumor or problem in the blood vessel of the brain need exclusion.

I sincerely advise you to get evaluated by a local neurologist who will clinically examine you and determine the need for a brain scan. This will clinch the diagnosis. If the MRI scan comes normal, the diagnosis of migraine will be established. If it turns out to be so, you will benefit with medications like Valproate, Amitryptiline, Topiramate etc along with diet and life style modifications (regular exercise, food hygiene, avoidance of stress etc)

I hope that I have clarified your query

If you have any concern, please let me know

Best wishes