Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Snorted 2 grams of cocaine. Noticed painful bump on head. Should I consult a doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2770 Questions
I randomly snorted 2 grams of cocaine two days ago (wed 2nd). I have now heard it may have been cut with Meth. Well, yesterday afternoon i noticed my head had a painful bump on it. I have a bald head and in looking in the mirror I can see the bump is quit prominent. I am concerned the bump is related to this. I am not an avid user as I probably do this 3-4 times a year. However, I have never done this much at once and I have never used anything from this supplier before. I am wondering if I should seek immediate medical attention?
Posted Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.
I understand that you use cocaine occasionally 3-4 times a year and this time it was cut with meth. The bump on your head that you are describing has nothing to do with the use of cocaine or meth.
I would be glad if you can try to remember if you had any fall after getting intoxicated. Or is it that you were so intoxicated that you wont be able to remember?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Snorted 2 grams of cocaine. Noticed painful bump on head. Should I consult a doctor? 25 minutes later
Thank you for the quick response! I don't recall hitting my head and I was not intoxicated to the point of not remembering. My concern is that the substance I snorted had what is called,"Levamsole". I don't know if this could be a bacterial infection or something else?
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 29 minutes later
Hello one again,
As i have mentioned in my last answer, your taking of recreational drugs has no relation with the bump on your head.
Your head having bump can be mostly due to either trauma or infection. As you saw trauma can be ruled out as you feel that you have never had any trauma. then what remains is infection. It could very well be a bacterial infection.
You would probably need to get it examined by a surgeon or a local GP who can examine you and say with conformity that it is an infection.
If its a bacterial infection then in that case they will like to give you anti-biotics for the same.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be more than happy to help you if you need any further clarifications.
In case you don’t need any further clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you a good health!
If you have any direct question, you can contact me on the link:
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor