Sneezing,coughing,severe diarrhea

my husband is having diarrhia when ever he eats and he is sneezing an coughing over six months now can you doctors help me
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 26 minutes later

It will be very helpful for me in understanding your husband’s condition better, if you could answer some of these questions:

1)     Has your husband got any blood tests or x-ray chest and CT scan abdomen done?
2)     Has he got any weight loss?
3)     Has he got any loss of appetite?
4)     What is your husband’s age?

There are possibilities that it could be Koch’s abdomen (tuberculosis abdomen), gastrointestinal causes like malabsorption syndrome, infections, IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) or IBD (inflammatory bowel disease).

You should maintain his adequate fluid levels by giving him clear liquids or oral rehydration solution. Also avoid alcoholic, caffeinated, or sugary drinks and apart from fluids, gradually give light and easy to digest foods like rice, wheat, breads, potatoes, low-sugar cereals and lean meats.

Please get back with the answers to these questions so that I can help you in a better way.

Awaiting your response.