Sneezing, sore throat, congestion and fever. No Blok and Ortoza ineffective. Recently shifted to Bangalore.

Question
Hi
I am XXXXXXX 33 years old, have recently shifted to Bangalore. Have been sneezing for the last two days. Captured my temperature, it is 100 for the last two days. I was prescribed Noblok and Ortoza but this hasnt helped me. I have soar throat and congestion and fever. Pls. help.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Sumanth.P 17 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

I suggest you to take good precautions against cold weather which is preliminary step.

It can be done by not exposing yourself more to cold weather or if you have to go out also try not to go out during early morning and late night and protect yourself by covering your ears with good jacket or sweater.

Drink lots of warm water since you will be dehydrated with cold and for sore throat salt water gargles are very important.

I suggest you to do salt water gargling with hot water 4-5 times a day.

You can take anti-pyretic like Tab. Paracetamol 650mg three times a day after food for 2 days for fever to subside and anti-histaminics if you sneeze more.

Usually it takes about a week for the cold to subside since it is viral.

Rest is also an important part which boosts your immunity.

Also take more proteins in diet, if you are non-vegetarian you can go for chicken particularly chicken soup helps a lot with cold.

Also home remedies like turmeric, honey and garlic are helpful.

Hope I have answered your query.

Follow-up: Sneezing, sore throat, congestion and fever. No Blok and Ortoza ineffective. Recently shifted to Bangalore. 44 minutes later
Hello Doctor,

Thank you for the detailed advise.

Can you please suggest some medicine name for anti-histaminics. I am taking paracetamol.

also, any specifics about the food? can I eat regular food or is there a restriction on the food.

Thanks.

Answered by Dr. Sumanth.P 7 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

Nice to see you again.

Anti- histaminics are prescription drugs and these can be availed in the pharmacy with only a doctor's prescription. It is unethical for me to prescribe you the medication without examining you physically. Hence please visit your physician regarding the same.

Avoid cold food that are refrigerated, cold drinks and Ice creams and also Banana as these may increase the cold. Also take more citrus fruits like lemon and orange which are XXXXXXX in vit-C.

Hope I have answered your query.