Sneezing during variance in weather in Pune. Can you please help?

This query is for my husband. We live in Pune, India.
He usually drives a two wheeler for going from one place to another.
Whenever he drives two wheeler and reaches office or he drives and reaches home. i.e there is variance in climate he stays sneezing a lot. He keeps sneezing for half Hour badly.
This happens only when he is in Pune.
He has travelled to many places banglore, mumbai even outside india to US.
But his sneezing problem happens only in Pune.
Can you please help.
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later

Sneezing occurring to your husband suggests the problem to be as allergic rhinitis.
Since the problem is occurring only in PUNE , it means some local factor is responsible for the allergy. And as sneezing is occurring only after driving,it means some factor outside in en route and not in your house.

There can be few explanations for that.
1. There could be role of temperature difference which might be triggering a sneezing attack.
2. There could be some local flowers or vegetation whose pollen grains are acting as allergens and triggering an attack.

You must consult an ENT specialist and try to find the cause so that preventive or curative action can be taken, if possible.

In the meantime, the following measures will be useful
- Use of face mask while driving
- Saline nasal drops if the symptoms are severe
- Plenty of fruits and vegetables in diet

I hope that I have been able to shed some light on your problem. You are welcome for any other query you wish to ask.

Thanks and best of luck to you and your husband.