Sneezing continuously after waking up in the morning. Suggest something

getting sneezing every now and then. Early Morning just after i wake up after brushing i would be sneezing continously for atleast 2 mins.

Suggest me something for this.
Posted Sun, 22 Jul 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
It seems that you are suffering from a condition called allergic rhinitis. This can be seasonal or perennial ( is virtually always present and does not always occur with change in season). Unfortunately there is no cure for this problem.
Whatever medications you take, it can give you only symptomatic relief temporarily but there is no permanent cure.
Only preventive measures can get rid of you from this problem. When you sleep, the fluids from your sinuses settles in your sinus cavities and when you wake you it starts to move around. You have small hairs in your nose and when the fluid moves over it, it irritates these hair and causes you to sneeze.
There are few things which you could do like avoid sleeping directly under the fan. Cover your nose with a clean handkerchief, whenever you are exposed to dust or smoke.
Blow your nose well. It will be better in a bit to avoid it from happening.
Sleep with your head elevated on a thicker pillow or use a cool air mist humidifier and it will dry the fluids without drying out your nose.
I hope this helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.