Snapped patella tendon, heavy wrinkles on face. How to improve condition?

I recently snap my patella tendon? i also have problems with heavy wrinkles in my face. Is there something I can take to improve this condition?
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
The injury to the patellar tendon that you had is not likely to be related to the wrinkles on your face.
Wrinkles on the face is always a tricky thing to treat.
There are some treatment options for wrinkles most of which are surgical. The degree of success with any treatment will be impacted by your age, your skin tone and even your diet. Treatment options include:

1. Lasers, Botox, fillers, face lifts and liposuction work best to turn back the hands of time. Some local applications of vit e oil also help in reducing them.

2. Some over the counter medicines like anti oxidants, retinoids, moisturisers and sun screens do help to reduce the wrinkles to some extent.

The best thing you should do is to visit a skin specialist who can decide which medicines will help and reduce these. At times when they are large on prominent place plastic surgeon can also help.

As you age, there are many other ways to keep your skin in tip-top shape. Here are a few of my favorite tips:
Get plenty of rest. Lack of sleep shows on your face.
Wear sunglasses on XXXXXXX days. Excessive squinting can cause permanent crow's feet.
Wear a hat and long sleeves when out in the sun for a long time.
Stress leads to furrowed brows, which leads to permanent lines etched into your face. Turns out wrinkle prevention is just another reason to take up meditation or yoga!
Put up a UVA/UVB protector screen on the driver's side of your car window if you spend a lot of time in the car. Studies show lines develop more on the left of the face on people who spend a lot of time commuting in a car!
Find a good moisturizer and use it regularly. Moisturizers temporarily plump up the skin, which can diminish the signs of wrinkles.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.