Smoking cigarette makes head feel amusing. Have been a smoker. What is the reason?

When I try to smoke a cig it makes my head or brain feel funny why is this I have smoked for 50 years and just lately this funny feeling The feeling goes to my brain or it seems like it what is it or why this feeling Is it from the horribe stuff they use on the tobacco
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 9 minutes later
Hi there, thanks for asking. It is related to some factors that the most important thing is your chronic obstructive lung situation (COPD). When somebody has such a condition, she has less oxygen in her blood and every smoking will lead to less saturation of oxygen in the blood. This can cause many symptoms including the one you described. It is a very important recommendation that COPD patients should quit their smoking. If they continue, they may need some puffers and even daily oxygen in order to live. I wish you a good health.