Smoker, alcoholic. Facing breathing difficulty, heaviness in chest. Family history of diabetes. What's wrong?

I sometimes face a problem where I feel that I cannot breathe or my chest is slightly heavy and I also start burping out in order to feel better. I am a regular smoker and drink alcohol twice a week. I feel like my pressure is low and i may get a heart attack. ust one clue is that diabetes is a family history
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 20 minutes later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

I require further information to answer your question.

Since when are you facing this problem?
How often do you get this problem?
Is there any particular scenario where in you face such problem? (like when you are exposed to dust or during exercise etc)
Does your burping out relieve your problem?
Are there any associated complaints....... like chest pain, pain in the neck, burning sensation in the epigastric region, cough, palpitations, weight loss etc

Is there any history of bronchial asthma, allergies (like skin allergies, allergic conjunctivitis etc)
Do you have any history of high blood pressure?
Does your palms, soles or tongue look pale? (i mean to say anemia can cause such problem)

Please reply with further details to help you better.