Smoker. Suffering from stress. Noticed visible veins in temple. Should I be worried?

I'm 51, male, 5'11' 138 pounds - month ago started having increasing visible veins left temple, now on right temple. I am a smoker, drink 2-4 glasses of wine in the evening. going through a divorce and financial stress. how do I reduce the visibility of the veins? Is this an aging thing?
Posted Wed, 8 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 31 minutes later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

This could be because of the reduction of the fat. If there is reduction in the subcutaneous fat with a low fat diet or some other cause then the veins may look more pronounced. They can also become prominent with age. Aging can be accelerated by smoking, drinking, pollution, stress etc.

I suggest you to reduce your smoking and drinking. Both these are harmful to the body.

Take a balanced diet XXXXXXX in fruits and vegetables.

Stress is harmful to the body and it should be controlled.

I also advise you to follow the undermentioned life style changes.....

1. Meditation, yoga, breathing exercises, etc will help.
2. Go for a walk. Recreational exercises will be of use.
3. Do not take the whole problem on yourself. After doing your part leave it to God.
4. Some times slowing down in life helps. Play with kids.
5. Do not try to be the best always.
6. Try to help some body.... what ever small help you can........ at least once a day.
7. Listen to music, do some gardening work...
8. Pray God.

Hope this helps.