Smoker. Noticed dots on bottom lips. Could it be vitiligo?

Jul 2012

yes i had chatted with an online doctor who said i might have vitilgo on bottom lip because i have three dots they were white now are pink it started from smoking and i accidently burn my bottom lip while i was driving and color never seem to return on my bottom lip
Posted Fri, 7 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 1 hour later
Hi there.
If vitiligo & if they have turned pink, then you are on the track for regaining the lost colour..nothing to worry about. This cannot be addressed online by a doctor perfectly. It has to be seen by a dermatologist on the ground & taken further. Please do visit one. Cheers & Good Luck!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore, India
Follow-up: Smoker. Noticed dots on bottom lips. Could it be vitiligo? 8 minutes later
they been at this stage for almost 4 years how long will it take is there any surgery or medicine i can take to speed the process up my job requires me to lead be in front of people. It really hard to communicate with it on me.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 10 hours later
Heya..understand your predicament...again i say, not much i can tell u online..have to actually physically see you & 'Do' things...hence recommend a dermatologist near you. You are most welcome to come see me. Cheers..dont worry have seen much worse..u must take heart & at the same time do something proactive..i would not wait 4 come across..please let me know where you stay & if i can thnk of someone, can suggest where you could go..:) Dr Rodrigues
Follow-up: Smoker. Noticed dots on bottom lips. Could it be vitiligo? 29 hours later
twentynine palms californial
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 7 hours later
:) Apologies mate as am in India. Might i suggest the yellow pages & am certain in California, you will come across quite a few dermatologists...home to the stars & all :) However, if economics in question, may i recommend a concept called medical tourism wherin you fly to a country like India (Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore) or Singapore (Far East) & get your work done for some 1/4 or 1/3 the cost with a holiday to boot! All the best whatever option you choose & warm regds.
Dr Praveen RodriguesMD