Smoker. How to quit smoking and what tests should be done to check status of body parts?

I smoke around 8-10 cigs a day and i have been smoking since last 3-4 years now am afraid of my health and i tried a lot to quit my smoking but i never succeed in this.
i saw a ad about e-cig but my frnds who have used e-cig suggests it doesnt work.
can u help me how cn i quit this and what all tests should i do to check what is the status on my body parts because of smoking
Posted Mon, 23 Jul 2012 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

First of all congratulations on your thought to quit smoking,though out of fear you are thinking about quitting smoking is a first step in the direction.

It takes lots of motivation and strong mental courage to quit smoking,those who decides can definitely do it and you will surely able to do it.

The best option for you is to consult a de-addiction specialist in your city,most of psychiatrist can help you with this.

There are different preparations like nicotine patch,chewing gums are available which can help.

You need to make strong commitment,make up your mind and you can surely do it.Just skip the company of friends who are smoking,keep your self busy and identify the moment which prompts you to smoke,just the change the thing that you are doing at that moment.

At present to have idea about your health you should visit a doctor and get your self examined.

If needed your doctor will advise some tests like X XXXXXXX chest,pulmonary function test to check the capacity of lungs.

I hope this helps,

Wishing you all the best for your effort.