Smoker. History of dry skin, eczema and developed dark spots. Could it be due to cigarettes?

I have a history of dryskin eczema,and often during winters my skin turns dark than it usually is,It becomes really dry....and also develop dark spot.

I am a chain smoker, could it be the cigarettes too.
Posted Sun, 23 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 3 hours later

I will try my best to assist you with your concern.

Dryness can lead to dull skin which can also result in dark spots due to the dryness itself. Also the sun exposure can aggravate the patchiness of skin tone. I would recommend the following.

- You can use an intense moisturizing cream thrice a day on the face. It can be either Vaseline or Neutrogena or cetaphil.
- Application of sunscreen over the moisturizing cream thrice a day will help prevent sun exposure.
- Application of vitamin c serum will treat the dark patches. It should be applied at night daily.
- Oral intake of antioxidants will be helpful in having a healthy skin.

Hope my recommendations are helpful to you.

Please let me know if I can address any other concerns for you.

Follow-up: Smoker. History of dry skin, eczema and developed dark spots. Could it be due to cigarettes? 4 hours later
Thanks a lot, i Use a cream called Fluticasone cream BP (micronised fluticasone Propionate IP 0.05%)

It helps when conditions are a little severe. Can i have the name of the vitamin C Serum you would recommend ? And also should i continue with Flutivate cream?
Answered by Dr. Kruti 12 hours later

Thanks for your reply.
You can use flutivate cream when required but not daily.

VC 15 serum is the name of vitamin c serum.