Smoker. Having numbness on head, pain on neck and soreness on arm. Is this serious?

I am a 43 year old smoker and returned last week from holiday on a long haul flight from Mexico to UK. I have been to the gym three days in a row this week working out with relatively light weights. Since yesterday I have had pain and soreness my right arm. My right elbow is tender to touch and I also sometimes have pain in my neck and a headache that feels more like numbness on the right side of my head. Do you think I have just pulled something in the gym or is it something more serious?
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Mamun Kabir 4 hours later

Welcome to healthcare magic.
Thank you for your query.

I think that this is not serious.
Neck pain & right sided headache may be due to same cause.
There may be some pulling of the right sided trapezius or sternocleidomastoid muscle.
If the position of the neck is not suitable then this incident occurs.
This occurs particularly during lying in bed & during gym.

The pain of the neck may radiate to the arm.
But I think that the elbow pain is different from neck pain.
There are many ligaments & muscles are attached to this joint.
Some simple swelling then you need not to concern about this.

Just take rest for few days & do not give pressure to the right arm & right elbow.
It will be OK within few days. If it is not better then you may visit your physician for further investigations.

I hope I have been some help of your query.
Please write if you have any doubt.