Smoker. Got double vision and loss of balance. Should I get it checked out?

Hi. I had double vision loss of balance and it was difficult to focus twice on the golf course this week. It lasted 3 min. I was driving today and had the same symptoms. I'm 47 and a smoker but generally fit and healthily should I get it checked out
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Double vision, dizziness and inattention could be symptoms seen due to transient insufficiency of blood supply to the brain. Such an incident can occur when there are problems like fluctuation in blood pressure, defective heart functioning or blockade in the carotid artery.

I recommend you to visit your General Physician who can examine your Blood pressure and order for an ECG (Electrocardiogram) to rule out the above problems. If any defects noticed he may refer you to a nearby cardiologist for specific management.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.