Smoked and felt like burst into head, tingling sensation on body, eyes are blackening and loosing balance. Treatment?

I am 23.I had smoked for first time,and suddenly I felt like it burst into my head like a was very strong .It caused tingling effect on one side of my body.I stood up and started walking,my eyes started blackening and I lost my balance for seconds.Heart was palpating very fast.
Got well after some time.But after few days I started getting convulsions,loosing balance,and left eye couldnt see properly,i was unable to open the eye completely.After few days left part of my forehead got twiching,and numb.When I open my eyes in morning left eye feels darker and cant see clearly for some time,it becomes normal later.I got my mri,it showed normal report(There wasnt a stroke).I still feel twiching on my left eye and forehead.I also felt like getting stuck (not able to move) a couple of time while in sleep.Is there any brain injury?what kind of test I need to have to know this??
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
CT scan or MRI for assessing brain injury

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

I can understand that you relate the smoking (if you don't mind me asking, you smoked which substance?) to all your symptoms. But as your MRI scan reported no abnormalities, there could most probably be another cause to your presentation (eg. nerve or circulatory problems, vitamin deficiencies, diabetes, etc).

As per international guidelines and recommendations a CT scan of the brain and/or a MRI should be conducted to assess any form of brain damage or injury. These are the most accurate tests.

For this reason, as your MRI has reported a normal result you could either request for a CT scan, repeat an MRI at a well-reputed diagnostic center or start looking into other causes for your presentation. Hope this information helps sir. Do write back to me for any further help.

Best wishes.
Follow-up: Smoked and felt like burst into head, tingling sensation on body, eyes are blackening and loosing balance. Treatment? 34 minutes later
its was marijuana(didnt want to disclose though).I also got heart test,it was all right.I also got tested at apollo bgs clinic which is one of the best in our region.
Heart ecg and 2D echocardiography/color doppler test were normal.

Name      Result      Units       Normal Range Provisional Diagnosis/Clinical To rule out stroke           
Sequences:T1 Sag, T2 TRA, Diffusion ADC, FLAIR
Coronal Sulcal and gyral pattern appears normal.
Brain parenchyma shows normal signal intensities with no focal lesions identified within.
Grey and white matter differentiation maintained.
Brain stem and cerebellum appear normal.
The VII-VIII nerve complex seen normally on either side with no definite mass lesions seen in the cerebello-pontine angle region.
Ventricles and cisterns appear normal.
No evidence of midline shift seen.
Sellar, suprasellar and parasellar regions appear normal.
Pituitary gland appears normal in size.
Homogenous signal intensities within the gland, with no focal lesions identified within. Pituitary stalk and optic chiasm appear normal.
Visualised portions of the paranasal sinuses and orbits appear normal. Atlanto-axial articulation appears normal with no features suggestive of basilar invagination or chiari malformation identified.           

IMPRESSION      Normal study.
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
MRI report normal

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your MRI report and all seems normal, there are absolutely no signs of any abnormalities.

The symptoms you experienced immediately after marijuana smoking can be attributed to the intoxication caused by marijuana. But based on the current symptoms you are experiencing, I would request you to look into other causes for the same (as mentioned in my first response).

Hope this helps you XXXXXXX Do write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.

Best wishes.