Ask a Dentist   »  

Smoke and suffer from psoriasis. Teeth are yellow. How to make them whiter?

Dentist, Prosthodontics
Question
my teeths are yellow how do i make them whitier?
i smoke abt 3-5 cigrets in a day.
vegitarian. i drink ocassionally suffering from psoriasis. pls suggest
Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2013 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXXX
Thank you for the query. As age advances the colour of the teeth become darker [yellowish]. The tobacco leaves the stains on teeth surface. If deposits [calculus/tar-tar] are there then also teeth appears to be yellowish. I suggest you to get quit the tobacco habit, get your teeth cleaned by dentist. Even after cleaning if you feel the colour of your teeth is yellowish then you can for teeth whitening procedure.
I hope this answers your query. If yes, kindly accept the answer. If you have anything to be clarified I am happily available
With Happy regards,

Follow-up: Smoke and suffer from psoriasis. Teeth are yellow. How to make them whiter? 16 minutes later
is there any dental pest that can i use?

Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 47 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX
Thank you for the follow up query. Teeth whitening pastes are available, but I am doubtful whether they will be of any use in your case because of the tobacco habit. It is better to get it professionally cleaned your teeth first then check with those teeth whitening tooth pastes.
With warm regards,