Smelly belly button, redness, pus discharge, yellow crust, hole getting deeper. What can we do?

My husband had smelly belly button in the past, now there is redness, pus and yellow crust and the belly button is getting deeper, a hole i will say because i can see XXXXXXX inside the belly button.. what can we do knowong thay we dont use products like antibiotics
Posted Tue, 10 Jul 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later

Thanks for ur query.
It is most probably due to bacterial infection of the umbilicus.
It responds to good hygeine, topical antibiotics and if necessary oral antibiotics.
I would like to know the reason for not using antibitics.

Get well soon. Regards,
Dr GS.
Follow-up: Smelly belly button, redness, pus discharge, yellow crust, hole getting deeper. What can we do? 1 hour later

thx for your answer
as i mentionned we don't use antibiotics (i mentionned in the medical history about the yeast infection), we prefer natural treatement, as you probably know the candida yeast infection overgrowth is a results of use of antibiotics, or corticoides.
i do not think its hygiene, because my husband is very very clean, he wash his body twice a day, and always desinfect himself with alcohol or antibacterial soap after every single bath, he does that for years because he has been fighting for years with XXXXXXX candida yeast overgrowth. so i really will apreciate if you could advice us something goed, strong but yet natural, topical and orally.

P.S you didin't mention the hole in his belly button or it is common in a umbilicus infection?
I understand your query and concern.
Yeast overgrowth occurs ONLY on prolonged use of antibiotics or steroids.
It does not mean that antibiotics should not be used.
Kindly consult your doctor to get a topical antibacterial.
Usage of antiseptics/alcohol that often is in fact XXXXXXX as it damages the good bacteria, which in turn promotes bacterial infections.
He needs to be examined to check the belly button.
U can also upload photos of the same, if u wish to.
Hope I answered. Kindly get back for doubts.
Get well soon.