Smell from inner thigh, history of rash with discharge. Can you help?

Question
Hi, I have a problem I need help With. I have some kind of smell from my inner thigh. In the past I had some king of rash with a discharge but lately its just a smell. I thought Jock Itch could be the problem but don't think its that. Can you help???? I know its not any kind of STD so it cant be that.
Posted Sat, 29 Sep 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 38 minutes later

I agree with you in it not being due to an STD.

But such skin changes associated with smell and with or without evident lesion is most commonly seen with fungal infection.The fungal elements mix up with the sweat secretions and produce the peculiar smell sometimes specific to certain species of tenia.

Apply MICANAZOLE ointment over the affected area twice daily after cleaning the area.Rest time keep the area dry with KETO dusting powder.It may take not more than 3 days to see a difference.Do continue the treatment for a week.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you speedy recovery.

regards,

Follow-up: Smell from inner thigh, history of rash with discharge. Can you help? 1 hour later
Is there one for Male, all I see is Miconazole Treatment for women???

Hi again,

Micanazole is an antifungal medication used in infections which are seen both in males and females .There is no such restriction to the medication.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Smell from inner thigh, history of rash with discharge. Can you help? 2 days later
Hi I just have one last question. How would a Male even get this infection??? Is it normal for males?

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

It is a common infection seen in males.This infection occurs due to damp or untidy inner wears , swimming in unclean pools,contaminated towels, etc.Such infections are very common in this time of season.

Need not worry , The ointment will surely treat it completely.

Wish you speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Smell from inner thigh, history of rash with discharge. Can you help? 10 days later
Hi I need some more help. I think I bought the wrong medication - Clotrimazole. I read it does the same thing. I 've used it 4 times once a day and have not noticed any difference. I still have some smell coming from my inner thighs. Could it be anything else. I would really like to get this under control. Again in the starting it was a smell with a discharge and now its basically just a smell. I've had this for a few yrs now - I just haven't treated it.

CAN YOU HELP

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 15 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Clotrimazole is an antifungal but not as potent as Micanazole.Micanazole has a wider range and considerable potency compared to clotrimazole.

Do use Micanazole based and Ketoconazole dusting powder as advised.Most common brand available all over would be M-Zole do try for the same.

I do not consider it to be anything but fungal infection , do try as advised it helps.

Hope I cleared your doubts.

regards,

Follow-up: Smell from inner thigh, history of rash with discharge. Can you help? 55 minutes later
Sorry for the inconvenience but can you look at the link below and suggest one for me.

WWW.WWWW.WW
Thanks

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 21 hours later

The link you have provided shows preparations for vaginal infections.The cream base will be different and is not much useful for skin infections.

I have below given a link which shows one of the noted brand of Micanazole.Do try it,

WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Smell from inner thigh, history of rash with discharge. Can you help? 42 hours later
Hi ive been using it for 2 days and i dont notice anything. it seems the mell is getting worse.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later

The smell could be due to ointment base which is not bad.

Do wait for another 3 to 4 days, if there is no recovery then there would be need to wash the affected area with dilute XXXXXXX cider vinegar twice daily for a week this will surely help you.

regards,