Small water like blisters at the shaft of penis near pubic hairs. Positive for clamydia, had antibiotics. Skin irritation ?

I was recently tested positive for clamydia and received the 7 day antibiotic treatment. On the 8th day i noticed small burning feeling while peeing. the next day i looked down and noticed a cluster of small clear water like blisters at the shaft of the penuis near the pubic hairs. i have not had sex since testing positive only masterbation on the 8th day and i tested negative for all other stds. what could it be ? i had similar symptoms before but the blisters where right above the beginning of the shaft, and had a small itch before they appeared. they are not painful and do not smell bad, clear and disappear once healed. Could this be a skin irratation or something?
Posted Sat, 30 Jun 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 5 hours later
Hi dear,

I understand your concern and will advise you accordingly.

The blisters you are describing can be herpes infection, irritant dermatitis, allergic contact dermatitis.

Before advising you further I would like to know
-Were you tested for herpes IgG, IgM recently?
-Do you have pain in groin or swellings/swollen glands in groin?
-Have you applied any topical medication/new soap/cream over genitals?
-Your exposure was protected or unprotected?

Please answer the above questions to help you better.

Anticipating your reply.

Dr Sudarshan
Follow-up: Small water like blisters at the shaft of penis near pubic hairs. Positive for clamydia, had antibiotics. Skin irritation ? 3 hours later
I got tested through a military doctor and hospital. I have no swelling and have not applied any creams or exposure is Now protected with a band aid.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 13 hours later
Hi again.

Thanks for the details.

By protected I wanted to ask whether you were wearing condom or not.

Lesions you are describing can be of herpes simplex.However as you have not uploaded photos it cannot be confirmed.

Herpes simplex is a sexually transmitted viral infection and treatment consists of antiviral drugs such as acyclovir.

For confirmation you should undergo certain blood test like IgG and IgM antibodies for herpes.Also a simple investigation like tzanck smear can confirm herpes infection.
Both can be provided by a dermatologist or STD specialist .

Hope this helps you.
If you need any further clarification do let me know.

Dr Sudarshan