Small skin colored bumps appeared around nose. Is there any cream available for cure?

Jul 2012

Hello Doctor....
I am getting very small skin colored bumps beside my nose and below eyes region.
As of now there are around 8-10 such small bumps.They look like pimples but very small filled with skin. They are painless and non itchy.
They seem to be more visible/enlarged if I sweat a lot, especially I can clearly feel them post gym.
I have faced these previous years as well. I observed that they automatically reduce/disaapear once summer is over. But this time they more. I hope they will disappear after hot days are over, but presently they are giving an impression of pimples on face which is not good looking.
To be more precise they are very small and look like pimples. But they are skin colored filled with skin itself without any pain involved.

So may I know if there any creams/ointments I can use to reduce them.

Just FYI... I go to gym daily for 1.5 hrs and take more than 120 Gms of protein daily through diet/whey.

Thanks and regards,
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 1 hour later
Hi there XXXXXX,
While it is best to provide a visual, i think your detailed history & clinical examination will suffice in this case.
It appears that this is indeed a minor issue more of a cosmetic significance & are benign skin growths.
It may be prudent to try to use (sparingly i stress) a mild 0.025% retinoic acid based gel that comes in various trade forms & by the laws of this site i am not allowed to divulge trade names. Google should be a helpful aide ;-)
Please apply this locally on the 'spot' only & in very very tiny quantities preferably in the evenings once/day & it should clear up in a week.
If not, then that is the time that a visit to the friendly neighbourhood dermatologist is called for. Cheers & Good Luck!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD