Small rounds in skin below neck, sometimes itchy. What medication should I take to get relief?

HIV AIDS Specialist
I have a small round thing below my neck and has been here for about 2-3 months, any medication I can use for this? Sometime it's itchy but most of the time it's not. Thanks!
Posted Wed, 18 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 6 hours later
Thanks for the query
I viewed your photograph. It has no clinical importance. You can just ignore the same. It is just like a skin tag.If you want it to get removed you cal go for surgery, electric cauterization, Cry o surgery or laser. Even if you left untouched it will not become bigger or will not give any trouble. The occasional iching is not due to this lesion, it may be due to sweating or may be due miliaria rubra lesions. Nothing to worry.
Be cheerful.
Have a nice day.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Small rounds in skin below neck, sometimes itchy. What medication should I take to get relief? 12 hours later

Which doctor should I go to? A dermatologist?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later

Thank you for your question.

A Dermatologist can definitely help you as you are having occasional itching. But your problem is very simple. A family physician or a surgeon also can help you as well.

Hope I answered your query.

Get well soon.

Dr S.Murugan