Small red blotched under the lips. Diagnosed with Reynaud's Syndrome. Are they related? Treatable?

About to years ago, I deloped these small, red blotches and/or dots on my lips. They are on noth the upper lip as well as the bottom lip. They don't hurt and although they fade a bit at times, they never go away. Sometimes there are more red spots than other times. About five years ago, I was also diagnosed with Reynauds Syndrome. Could the two be related? If not, what are these red spots and how do I get rid of them?
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 10 hours later

Reynaud’s disease is an auto-immune disorder and affects the vessels at various sites on body especially terminal site.

Lips again have terminal capillaries and hence the disease can give rise to such a picture. A topical steroidal cream can be tried in your case along with a sun protection lip balm.

In case these show improvement good else to come to a conclusion a small skin biopsy must be taken for further course of treatment.

One should not delay such things and take a proper medication under supervision as auto immune diseases can slowly cause damage to various body parts.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr.Rohit Batra